How do I run a report that combines all sub-domains to the same domain entry?
Secure Web Gateway
Unified Threat Management
I want to see how many times a domain has been visited, but my report keeps treating
kb.smoothwall.net as two different sites. Surely they're the same?
A lot of companies are utilizing sub-domains to break out different areas of their online presence. For example, here at Smoothwall we use
smoothwall.net for our company website with a
help. sub-domain for our product documentation, and a
kb. sub-domain for our knowledge base.
There are times when it is useful to see a report for how many times Smoothwall has been visited, rather than one part of domain. You can create a custom report using the Domain activity section, which has the option to combine such entries, making for a more manageable report.
Note: Combining sub-domains into a single domain entry renders your report unsuitable for drill-down or feed-forward reporting. This is because the domains are only combined for that specific reporting instance; the underlying reporting data is not changed.
- Create a custom report as detailed in https://help.smoothwall.net/Latest/Content/cgi-bin/reports/reports.htm.
- From the Available sections box, open the Guardian3 folder.
- Select Domain activity and add it to the Included sections box.
- From the new section that appears at the bottom of the page, click the Options tab.
- Click Advanced.
- Scroll down to the URL parsing panel.
- Select Root domain.
- Add other relevant sections, options, and filters to the report.
- Scroll back to the top of the page and click Create report.
- What is the "YouTube and GoogleVideo" Super-group?
- How do I run a report that combines all hits to the same domain into a single entry?
- How do I use the Time range picker in Custom reports?
|Last updated:||Author:||Contributions by:|
|27th June 2016||Samantha Nair|