Where are my port groups?
Using service objects instead of port groups from Inverness onwards.
Before upgrading to the Inverness Castle release, I used to create named groups of TCP and UDP ports in Network > Settings > Port groups for use in my firewall rules. Now that page has disappeared.
The Inverness Castle release included the firewall consolidation feature, where disparate firewall-related pages where amalgamated to improve user experience.
Port groups are now Service objects, found under Network > Settings > Service object manager. You can still create named groups of TCP and UDP ports, but you can now combine existing service objects into a service object group.
Smoothwall's upgraded to Inverness will have their port groups migrated to service objects with following exceptions:
- Port groups that are not referenced by an existing migrated firewall rule are not migrated across
- Port groups that use the same name as an existing service object or service object groups are suffixed with a bracketed number
- How do I create a Group Bridging Rule in the New Firewall?
- How do I block IP addresses in the New Firewall?
- How do I Create an Outbound Policy in the New Firewall?
- How do I create a Zone Bridging Rule in the New Firewall?
- How do I Block Layer 7 (DPI) Applications?
|Last updated:||Author:||Contributions by:|
|23rd November 2016||Samantha Nair|