Software Unified Threat Management
I have setup Smoothwall as a DHCP relay but the relay does not work. What could be wrong?
The configuration on the Smoothwall is according to the help but either:
- The Smoothwall isn't relaying DHCP addresses out
- The computers requesting DHCP addresses aren't receiving the IP addresses
- You should set the Smoothwall as the default gateway for the DHCP server, typically using an internal IP address to communicate on. Note that this IP address must be on a different subnet to the subnet used by DHCP requesting clients.
- Ensure the Smoothwall has a route to the networks it is relaying for.
- If the Smoothwall's internal IP address is not used for the DHCP server's default gateway, ensure the DHCP server has a route to the networks so it can act as a fallback for DHCP address requests.
|Last updated:||Author:||Contributions by:|
|25 August 2016||Tanja|