Some applications do not support NTLM authentication.
The following is a list of applications which are known not to support authenticated proxies (NTLM Identification / NTLM Authentication / Proxy Authentication):
- Windows updates (Covered by our Software Updates category) — see Why can't I get Windows or Office 2010 updates?
- MS Office (Covered by our Software Updates category) — see Why can't I get Windows or Office 2010 updates?
- SkyDrive / OneDrive
- Adobe updates (Covered by our Software Updates category)
- Sophos Anti Virus (Covered by our Software Updates category) — see Using Sophos Anti-Virus® results in slow browsing experience
- AVG Anti Virus
- Dropbox — see Why am I unable to access Dropbox™?
- iTunes (Covered by our iTunes category) — see How do I allow access to iTunes®?
- LogMeIn123rescue — see How do I allow Logmein®123
- SAGE and HMRC Payroll Application — see Why am I unable to connect to Sage®?
- Capita SIMS (Capita Broker / SIMS)
- Aveco A2C Exams Migration Application — see How do I set up the Aveco A2C Exams Migration application?
- MSN / Windows Messenger (Recommended alternative IM Client is called Pidgin)
- Fronter A2C Exam Software
- Google Drive Application — see Google Drive™ doesn't connect through an authenticated proxy
If the application listed above doesn't have its own article, use the steps below:
- Create a custom category for the appropriate domains — see https://help.smoothwall.net/Latest/Content/modules/guardian3/cgi-bin/guardian/customcategory.htm
- Add the following to authentication exceptions:
Avoid using the Guardian category that the domain in question belongs to, as this may contains domains for other applications.
- The new custom category created in step 1
- SSL /CRL category
- Software Updates category
If you continue to experience issues, filter the Web filter logs by the IP of a test client, attempt to open the site / application, and add the domains that appear in the web filter logs to the authentication exceptions.
|Last updated:||Author:||Contributions by:|
|27th March 2017||TE|