Google Hangouts™ needs to be added to authentication exceptions in order to operate via the Smoothwall.
I am unable to connect Google Hangout calls. I see the message "Couldn't start the video call because of a network error. Please check your firewall settings and try again".
- Go to Guardian > Policy objects > Categories.
- In the Manage categories section, add a logical Name for this new category, such Google Hangouts.
- Add the following URLs to the Domain / URL filtering box:
5228to your Web proxy settings.
- Go to Web Proxy > Web Proxy > Settings.
- Click Advanced.
- Add port
5228to Allow access to web servers on these additional ports.
- Click Save and restart to complete the port changes.
|Last updated:||Author:||Contributions by:|
|01 February 2017||Suzanne Knight||James Silverthorne|